After using this CND base and top coat combination for a few weeks straight, I have come to rely on it - which is odd because I've never had that reaction to nail products before. As a full time, non-stop beauty blogger, I have been busy doing nail swatches, nail demos and rubbing a lot of polish remover on my nails. Before obtaining the CND base and top coats, my nails were so dry that they were peeling along the edges and I eventually cut them all off because I was scared they might experience a painful break. Anywho... I've been using the base and top coats, and my nails are pretty thankful.
|(you can tell I've used more of the base coat than the top coat, lol)|
- acts as a double sided tape between enamel and the nail to prevent chipping and peeling
- ideal for natural nails and nail enhancements
- prolongs the life of a manicure.33 fl oz bottle (US $8.50 / Canada $10)
The base coat is a bit thicker than some other base coats I've used in the past, it applies smooth and dries very quickly. When I apply color on top of the base coat, it doesn't bubble up (I say this because most base coats do this on my nails - I'm not sure why), and when I remove the color my nails are not stained in the tiniest bit! That, I appreciate the most because nothing's worse than your favorite shade staining or yellowing your natural nails making them look unhealthy.
- this non-fading, chip-resistant and light-reflecting ceramic-based glaze leaves nails incredibly strong and shiny
- UV absorbers prevent brittleness, as well yellowing and discoloration of nail color
- high-gloss coating seals in nail color prevents fading
- provides added strength and protection for nails
- extends the life of any manicure.33 fl oz bottle (US $8.50 / Canada $10)
The top coat is probably my favorite of the two. I did 3 separate tests to see how long my nail color would last before chipping, and overall this top coat boosts longevity to about 8 days before chipping begins. That's assuming you are not doing heavy labor or scratching things all day long. I do regular domestic chores, so it made me pretty happy to know that even though my hands are always getting wet and dirty, my nail color lasted a week. The consistency is similar to a nail polish, it's not super thick like some other top coats tend to be and it dries in a moderate amount of time.